On this page you will find information about how your personal data is used. Please click on the headings below for full information about how your personal data is processed.
2. Who is processing your data?
Frisk Reports Limited will be the data controller for the data that you provide us or we collect in relation to the provision of our services to you. This means that we are the company responsible for deciding how your data is processed.
Our data controller registration number is ZB077617. You can check our registration on the Data Protection Public Register by visiting https://www.ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search.
We may need to disclose your data to others to ensure the smooth provision to you of the products, services and information you request. Your data may be disclosed to the other entities as described below.
|Microsoft Azure||Cloud Service Provider|
|Twilio, Inc.||Cloud Communications Provider|
|Zendesk, Inc.||Customer Support Provider|
Selected third parties. We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- product and service providers, such as our business partners who offer you Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, Insurance, Investments, Financial Planning, Pensions and other related products or services, to:
- enable your chosen product or service provider to contact you regarding your enquiry
- assess if you are an existing customer and for fraud prevention purposes
- conduct analysis to provide you with better products and services in the future, and for segmentation purposes
- assess your probability of being accepted for a product or service
- advertisers that require data, to perform services on our behalf, including selecting and serving relevant adverts
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our service
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (or the buyer or seller’s advisers)
- if we or part or all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Frisk Reports Limited, our customers, or others.
3. Where do we get the data from?
Most of the data that we process will be data that we collect from you directly when you register for and use our Services. We will ask you various questions to collect the data we need for the purpose of generating your family risk report and score. We will not be able to provide a report unless you answer the mandatory questions. The information you give us may include:
From our service providers
We will also obtain some personal data about you from the panel of providers in relation to the service they provide. For example, they will give us information about what policy or product you purchased and when.
From your use of the Platform and our services
We also collect data about you based on your actions, for example we collect data about how and when you use our Platform or our services so that we can build up a picture of you as a customer. This can include information such as how many enquiries you have submitted, mouse movements, page scrolling and text entered into questionnaires which we collect through software which monitors how customers use our Platform. This helps us to provide you with a good service and to design improvements to our products and services (including changes to our Platform) but is also used to help us to prevent and detect fraud.
Each time you visit our website or use our Platform we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
We will sometimes use third parties to process personal information on our behalf. Our partners may do the same when they are processing your personal information e.g. for the purposes of providing a quote. Where third parties process your personal information on our behalf, we will have a contract in place with them placing obligations on them to keep your data secure and only use it for the purposes that we authorise. The third parties that we use may include, for example, IT service providers.
4. What do we use your data for?
Part 1 – Providing you with our services
The personal data that we use for the purposes set out in this Part includes:
Your name, contact details, date of birth, address, details about your property and finances, details about your relationship and family members and details of your enquiries regarding third party services. It also includes data (if any) that we receive about you from third parties, as described under “Where do we get the data from?” above.
Providing you with a service and administering your FRisk account.
We use the data set out above to:
- Provide the FRisk Report service to you, if you have signed up to use this service;
- Communicate with you about our services, for example sending you confirmation emails regarding your account details or any enquiries you may send to your chosen service provider;
- Manage, run and administer your account if you choose to set up a FRisk account with our Platform;
- Help us build a picture of you as a customer to ensure that we provide you with the more relevant information, such as showing you the right content at the right time and sending you personalised communications;
- Analyse users’ behaviour and preferences, and information collected from user’s devices in order to be able to improve the services we provide to customer and the user experience on our website and Platform;
The legal basis on which we process your personal data for the above purposes is for the performance of our contract with you. We cannot provide our services to you without collecting the information you give us because we need certain information from you to be able to generate your FRisk Report and Score and to show suitable products and services to you.
Part 2 – Other uses of data
When you provide your details you will be given an opportunity to confirm whether you are happy to receive marketing material from us. If you confirm you are happy to receive this material, we will use your postal address, email address and telephone number to send you marketing materials by post, email, telephone call or SMS. We do not pass your data to other companies for their own marketing purposes.
You can also unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any marketing emails that we send you, updating your preferences in your account or by unsubscribing on our website.
This will not impact any communications that we need to send you for the purpose of your service or product enquiry, for example confirmation of your enquiry or your account details. This will also not impact any communications that we need to send to you in connection with your FRisk Report and FRisk Score.
From time to time we may want to use your postal address, email address and/or telephone number to contact you to assist us with our research by asking you a few questions about the service you have received or by asking if you would like to complete a review of our services. We may sometimes ask market research companies to contact you on our behalf.
If you would prefer us not to contact you for market research purposes then you can let us know by contacting us at [INSERT EMAIL] or by
Research and Analysis Activities
We use data relating to your FRisk Report, Score and Service Enquiries, including information about the policies or contracts you have taken out, to carry out various research and analysis activities to help us to regularly review and improve the service we provide and the third party products or services we display.
We also use the data that we collect about you through your Platform usage to carry out research and analysis into usage and activities on our Platform to enable us to continue to improve our Platform and our products and services.
In relation to personal data used for the purposes described in this Part 2, we process this data because we have a legitimate business interest in carrying out these activities to promote and improve our business. We have ensured appropriate safeguards to protect your rights when processing this data for these purposes.
5. How long do we keep data for?
We’ll only keep your personal data as long as we need it and ensure it is securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
Generally, you can expect us If you have an account with us we will keep your data while your account with us is active and if you stop using your account we will generally retain your data for a period of 5 years from that point (unless there is a requirement for us to keep the data for longer, for example if there are any ongoing queries or claims relating to your enquiries or products taken out with our panel of providers).
We keep data for these periods as it plays an important part in allowing us to undertake fraud detection and prevention activities, allows us to deal with any queries or complaints that may arise regarding services that have been provided and allow us to carry out research and analysis to help us improve our products and services.
6. Overseas Transfer of Data
We use third party suppliers to process limited personal data about you. Some of these suppliers may be located in countries outside the UK which may not have equivalent laws in place to protect your personal data.
Our product and service providers may also process personal data in countries outside the UK which may not have equivalent laws in place to protect your personal data. These providers are the data controllers in respect of any such processing and such processing will be subject to their own privacy policies. We do not have any control over whether our service partners process personal data outside the UK but if they do this they must do it in accordance with data protection legislation.
7. Your rights
Data protection law gives you various rights in relation to your personal data. All the rights set out below can be exercised by contacting us using the contact details set out under the “Contacting us” section below. Please note that we can only deal with requests to exercise these rights where they relate to personal data that we process as data controller. If you send us a request which relates to personal data processed by one or more of our partners or service providers as data controllers, we will direct you to the appropriate partner(s) or service provider(s).
Your rights include:-
- You have the right to ask us to provide a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. This is called a Data Subject Access Request or “DSAR”. You can access information about your quotes by logging into your account. If you want to receive other personal data that we hold then you can make a DSAR. When contacting us please describe the information you require and make sure that you tell us any email addresses you or anyone else have used to register a FRisk Account with us as this allows us to trace all relevant information. Please also include the following: your full name, your date of birth and your full address. For security purposes we can only deal with requests where the contact details you provide match the details we have on file and we may need to ask you for further information to verify your identity. If you have changed your contact details or you require information sending to different contact details please include a copy of your passport or driving licence and proof of address such as a recent utility bill to assist us in verifying your identity. We might also need to ask you for additional information to help us locate the data that you are looking for. Once we have all the information that we need to process your DSAR, we will respond within one month unless your DSAR is very large or complex, in which case we may need to extend this period. If we need to do this we will let you know. If you want to make a DSAR in relation to personal data that is held by any of our partners or service providers then you will need to contact them directly.You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate personal data that we hold about you. If you think any of your personal data is inaccurate, please contact us and, provided we can verify your identity and are satisfied as to the accuracy of the correction requested, we will correct the relevant personal data as soon as we can. You can also amend inaccurate data in your account. If you change your name or address, you will need to update this on your FRisk Account.
- You have the right to request that we provide a copy of your personal data in a machine readable format or to ask us to send your personal data to another company. This applies to personal data that you have provided to us, which we have processed electronically, such as personal data you entered on our Platform when you obtained a FRisk Report and Score.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you. We are obliged to delete personal data in some circumstances, such as where it is no longer needed. However, data protection laws allow us to keep the personal data if we need to, for example if the data is needed for fraud prevention. In any case, we will retain your personal data in line with the retention periods detailed under “How long do we keep data?” above.
- You have the right to object to us processing certain personal data about you. However, where we need to continue to process the personal data, for example for fraud prevention purposes, we are not obliged to stop processing it.
8. Contacting Us
If you would like to contact us about one of your data rights set out under “Your Rights” above, then please contact us by clicking https://familyriskreport.co.uk/contact-us or write to Data requests – 46 Tower Street, Harrogate, HG1 1HS.
When contacting us please describe the information you require and make sure that you tell us any email addresses you or anyone else have used to register a FRisk Account with us as this allows us to trace all relevant information. Please also include the following: your full name, your date of birth and your full address.
9. Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have a complaint regarding how your personal data has been processed by us then please contact us first using the complaints procedure set out in the Terms & Conditions.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates data protection compliance. You can find more information by visiting their website www.ico.org.uk.